Monday, August 2, 2010

LG GD580 Lollipop Review

LG Lollipop sure is a craze nowadays. When I first had sight of it's cute colors ang slim flip body I immediately craved to buy it. Sure it has typical features in camera, which is only 3.2 megapixel external camera, FM radio, bluetooth. And 3G is not that important for me though. But what really caught my attention is the rare cute colors: blue, black, and pink, and most of all, its unique LED logo flashing effects feature.

I was super craving for it, and also did a lot of reviews about the phone, though I've read in reviews that one of its cons is the lagging. I canvassed for weeks here in Philippines and boy it sure got famous in no time. I was eyeing for the blue one, and was still having a dilemma whether to buy LG Ice Cream or LG Lollipop. I also like Ice Cream because apart from the fact that it's much cheaper (the price of Ice Cream is half of the price of Lollipop), its length is more shorter than Lollipop, which is only right for my grip. And the casing is cute too. But Lollipop is more attractive in its much wider LED patterns and more slim and thin which I loved. I was hoping I would change my mind and would later prefer Ice Cream due to my budget, but I thought if I would buy a phone I wouldn't want to regret it afterwards that I haven't chosen what I liked most. I canvassed in stores and by only 1 week there are already shortage in stocks (the only available color is pink and gray) and by another week even the pink color is out in several stores! The minute I stepped into a store that has an available blue color, I bought it right there and then. :)

LG GD580 Lollipop's measurements are 10.83 x 5.15 x 1.34 cm and in 103.5 grams its quite lightweight. The display screen is 2.8 inches wide. Apart from a 3.2 megapixel camera at the back, it also has an internal camera with 1.3 megapixel. It's a good thing that even though the external camera is just a typical 3.2 megapixel, it takes good pictures. The sound's also good, and I like the quality of sound in the earphones. One thing I don't like about it is that the vibration is too strong, and I would prefer if the length of the phone is shorter because if flipped open it's quite too long for me.

The 7x15 matrix LED flashing effects has 12 default patterns to choose from, and users can also customize their own. Though I would like to comment that the interval time of the flashing lights should be longer, or better yet, can be customized by user on how long they prefer it to be displayed. There's also a secret lighting at the bottom which has 7 available colors. Both the LED patterns and secret lighting can be preset for individual caller ID.

The theme is really girly and cute. There were pre uploaded JAVA games (though those were just trial games) but it's not difficult for you to find games to download from the net. Lollipop also has 2 M-TOY phone motion sensing capabilities of games and applications.

There's a built in memory of 60MB. Memory capacity can be extended up to 8 GB of memory with a  microSD memory card slot. The flip phone can be connected to other devices like printer, computer and even to other phones via USB cable since it supports USB connectivity. Connection between the phone and Bluetooth compatible device is possible via the Bluetooth wireless technology because of which data can be transferred through wireless connection.

Also one of its nice features is its auto silent mode once you flip the phone down. Though I would say reviews about the phone being slight slow is quite true, I haven't experienced any lagging yet. All in all I would say I've been enjoying my Lollipop since the day I bought it, and I have to say I didn't have regrets in buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment