Thursday, August 5, 2010

Banapple Pies & Cheesecakes (Katipunan Branch)

I first heard of Banapple through my facebook friends, and I've read a lot of good feedback. So I decided to plan to visit it. I tried to research for its location, but unfortunately it's a bit far from our place. They only have branches in Quezon City (1 in Tomas Morato and the other in Katipunan), but I couldn't resist the temptation to try it out. One weekend I went with my family, since I said that I was hearing so much about it.

banapple logo
Banapple
When we arrived at the Katipunan branch many cars were already parked, and we had to wait for a vacant table. The ambience is warm and cozy, like your in your home, and the concept of their tables, that looks like big chunks of M&Ms put together, is good.

Banapple table
Banapple table
When we have settled for a table, we lined up to place our order, the menu has varieties of food to choose from, from sandwiches to pasta and rice, up to their famous desserts. The food looks delectable. Me, my mom and dad ordered for pasta, while my brother ordered hickory smoked barbecued country ribs.

Once the crew served our food, the table was filled with big plates. What's good about it is that the serving is great, the pasta al dente, and I like their pesto butter bread. I liked the pasta jacintha more, which my mom ordered. While the smell of those smoked ribs made me want to try it out too. For our finale, we ordered the famous banoffee pie, and blueberry cheesecake for my mom. I'm not a fan of blueberry cheesecake, so I opted for the banoffee pie. The pie is great. The combination of bananas, dulce de leche, bread crumbs and cream was fantastic. Even as I wrote this I was craving for it again. Too bad my camera's battery was empty before I could get pictures of the food.

Banapple has good amount of servings of their food and a reasonable price for such sumptous meals. I'm hoping that they would have a branch along Makati soon. All in all I would recommend this restaurant for those who enjoys food and who's looking for a getaway for your sweet tooth cravings. I'm hoping for my next visit soon.

1 comment:

  1. fave ko rin banoffee pie nila! :) try the reese's pie, caramel crumble pie and honeylovin' crunch cake!!!! this weekend, im trying out the blueberry cheesecake & caramel fudge cake for the 1st time. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete